Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
One of my favorite new items from Stampin’ Up is the Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper. The different designs in the set are all exquisite and have a great silver detail throughout. The gorgeous flowers screamed wedding to me and how better to celebrate a theme of “From the Heart” than celebrating the love at a wedding. I cut the flower images for my card directly from the Designer Series Paper!
I often use lots of white paper and white space when making a wedding card but I like to add texture and dimension to it to keep it from looking flat or boring. In this card, I used the Garden Trellis Textured Embossing Folder to help set my background. I also used Silver heat emboss powder on the sentiment which was cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and then popped up with dimensionals. I have a layer of Silver Foil on my card to bring all of the silver elements together.
I love that the envelopes in the Tutti-Fruity Cards & Envelopes have a solid front but the back flap and inside have patterns to give it an extra design element. The “to the happy couple” sentiment and mini hearts in the Amazing Congratulations set were a perfect pair to stamp the envelope.
I hope I’ve helped provide you with some inspiration for a future card!
Papers Used: Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper, Silver Foil Sheet
Inks Used: Versa Mark, Momento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive
Stamps Used: Rose Wonder, Beautiful Bouquet, Amazing Congratulations
Other: Tutti-Fruity Cards & Envelopes (Sale-A-Bration), Stitched Shapes Framelits, Garden Trellis Textured Embossing Folder, Old Olive 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon, Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder
Thank you for stopping by today!
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page to see more postings.
To purchase any of the supplies I used to make today’s card, visit this link.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara – you are here!
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple