Welcome to the Pals August, 2018 Blog Hop. We love to cut it out so this month our creations feature our favorite “cuts” using punches, Framelits and Thinlits from the current Stampin’ Up! catalog.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I decided to use the “cut it out” theme to also inspire me to make a different type of card than my usual 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I made my first Center Step Card by following these instructions – for this card, you actually use the paper trimmer to make cuts inside the paper instead of my standard cutting the sheet of card stock in half and then folding it in half.
Lately I’ve been obsessed with the Tropical Chic bundle and knew I wanted to use it for this hop. The images and coordinating framelits are awesome. I like that in the Center Step Card there is an extra strop of card stock along the side in addition to the space in the center for the main image. On those strips of card stock along the sides, I added some of the leaves I stamped and cut out with the Big Shot to add more depth to my card.
For an extra layer of dimension and another “cut out”, I stamped a second body of the flamingo and fussy cut it before adding it on with dimensionals.
I love how there is a Stitched Shapes Framelit that coordinates with just about any size and shape sentiment – I chose one of the ovals to help my sentiment stand out in this card.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for September 12, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. We’ll inspire you with projects for the upcoming holidays and seasons including Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara (you are here)
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Denise at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Milligan at Stamp Create Share
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
Thank you for stopping by today!
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page to see more postings.