Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes… Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
When I saw the Big on Birthdays set in the Occasions 2017 catalog, it was love at first sight. I really enjoyed all of the birthday sentiments and fonts that are in the set; for this month’s blog hop, I wanted to use the beautiful floral accents for a “thinking of you” card.
For this card, I masked the “Happy Birthday” sentiment on the stamp to ink the floral image on my watercolor paper (using Stazon ink) so I could use the new watercolor pencils. The watercolor pencils are another of my favorite items in the Occasions 2017 catalog; I enjoy using them with the aqua painters for shading in coloring and removing pencil marks.
I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to give some added visual interest to the Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry card stock to layer the sentiment. The Stitched Shapes Framelits have become one of my favorite framelits because of their versatility. The set includes squares and not rectangles but you can easily make a rectangle. You start by lining up your paper and framelit up and leave one side of the square off the Big Shot platform so you only cut three sides. Once you’ve made that cut, rotate your paper to line it up with the first cuts and again leave one side off of the square to create a rectangle without cutting a line down the center.
For my finishing touches, I stamped an extra flower that I cut out with my paper snips and added as an accent using dimensionals. Last, I used the stamp with a spray of flowers to decorate the outside of my envelope.
- Stamps: Big on Birthdays, Sheltering Tree
- Papers: Watercolor Paper, Brights Designer Series Paper, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White, Whisper White Envelope
- Ink: Watercolor Pencils, Rich Razzleberry, Jet Black Stazon
- Accessories: Aqua Painters, Stitched Shapes Framelits
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara You Are Here!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
Thank you for stopping by today!
Don’t forget to like my Facebook page to see more postings.
Purchase my cards or request a custom order from my Etsy page.
To purchase supplies I used to make today’s card, visit this link.