Welcome to the Pals June, 2018 Blog Hop. This month we’re going to Pick a “B”. Projects for Babies, Birthdays or Brides, that is. Be on the look out for creations using new products from Stampin’ Up!
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For today’s project, I took creative license and picked another “B” to celebrate: Buying a House.
When I saw the Pop on By bundle in the new annual catalog, it was on the top of my wish list. My husband is a mortgage loan officer and each time he has a client close on a home, I make him a card to bring to the closing. I’m constantly trying to come up with a new variation of a card to celebrate someone buying a house and this bundle will give me lots of options!
Since I was using the pop up house on the inside of the card, I wanted the front of the card to be simple to really help the inside “pop”. I’m not used to making the inside of the card the centerpiece but it was a fun change. I love all of the different ways you can personalize the pop up house – I initially ran the Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot but then ran the thinlit through two other times – one time to get a colorful roof and the second time to get a colorful house to adhere to the original pop up cutout. The adhesive sheets worked perfectly for this. I backed the Sahara Sand and Tranquil Tide paper with the adhesive sheet before running it through the Big Shot. It was so easy to peal and stick the roof and the house shape on top of the original pop up since I wasn’t worrying about snail runner or the fine tip glue pen in such an intricate area.
I chose my color palette this time based on the actual colors of the house the clients bought to give it the extra degree of personalization.
Here you can really see how the house pops when the card is opened:
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see which “B” the rest of my Pals are using. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for July 11, 2018 for our annual Pattern Party featuring projects using favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Papers and coordinating embellishments.. Don’t miss it!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at AromasAndArt
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty