Welcome to the Pals April 2018 Blog Hop. Join us while we put “Families First” in our hop this month. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with family related projects like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation or Family Vacations. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
When I saw the picture of the birds in the nest in the Flying Home stamp set, I immediately thought of a mama bird and that it would make a perfect Mother’s Day card. As I continued to play around with the layout and sentiments, I thought “you couldn’t be more amazing” from the Amazing Congratulations stamp set would pair nicely with the word “mom” stamped from the Brushwork Alphabet. I used white emboss powder to heat emboss the sentiments.
I wanted to add a little pop of color and show the love by adding a small heart to the card. I stamped a heart from the Heart Happiness stamp set in Berry Burst, cut it out and added it to the card using dimensionals. While the layout for this card is pretty simple, I hoped by adding texture (through heat embossing, dimensionals, ribbon, and the image cut out with the Stitched Shape framelits), the card would be even more special.
I am lucky to have both an amazing mom and dad – one of which will be getting this card sometime soon; the other won’t get to see a sneak preview of their card! Don’t you just love how we can share our love for others through handmade cards?!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 when we all “Step It Up with Textures or Techniques”. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
Papers Used: Soft Sky card stock, Crumb Cake card stock, Whisper White card stock
Inks Used: Versa Mark, Stampin’ Blends markers in Crumb Cake, Bronze and Old Olive, Stampin’ Write Marker in Soft Sky, Berry Burst
Stamps Used: Flying Home, Brushwork Alphabet, Heart Happiness, Amazing Congratulations
Other: Dimensionals, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stitched Shapes framelits, White Embossing Powder
Thank you for stopping by today! Don’t forget to like my Facebook page to see more postings. To purchase any of the supplies I used to make today’s card, visit this link.